Feb 06, 2023
This degree is only for students who have completed a three, four, or five year craft apprenticeship program in a technical craft area. Students will receive six articulated credit hours for each year of the apprenticeship program. Articulated credits will be determined by the agreement signed by CCBC and the apprenticeship program.
Type of Credential
Construction Craft Professional Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Catonsville Phillip Acheampong, 443-840-4110 or email@example.com
- Statewide Program (The Construction Project Controls Certificate, Introduction to Construction Methods Certificate, and Legal Aspects of Construction Certificate are not designated as Statewide Programs.)
- Classes offered only at the Catonsville campus
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Construction Management and Construction Craft Professional, see Portfolio and Articulated Credit by Industry/Apprenticeship. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
This is a suggested schedule for students who have completed a four-year or five-year craft apprenticeship program in a technical craft area. Articulated credits are CONT 101 , CONT 106 , CONT 102 , CONT 103 , CONT 104 , and CONT 105 (for five-year). The three-year apprenticeship programs will need to take CONT 101 and CONT 106 . The schedule for three-year programs will be different. Advisement from Construction Management program coordinator is always advised.
Courses Needed for This Program*
General Education Requirements and Electives - 18 Credits
General Education Requirements:
General Education Electives:
Choose a course in this category from the list of approved General Education Courses . It must be a Diversity course.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credits.
Program Requirements and Electives - 42 Credits
Complete a three, four, or five-year craft apprenticeship program in a technical craft area. Articulated credits will be determined by the agreement signed by CCBC and the apprenticeship program. Articulation credits will be awarded when student brings in certificate of completion for apprenticeship to Coordinator of the Construction Management program.
Select two courses.
Total Number of Credits Required for Degree: 60*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
This degree is only for students who have completed a three, four, or five year craft apprenticeship program in a technical craft area. Students will receive six articulated credit hours for each year of the apprenticeship program. Articulated credits will be determined by the agreement signed by CCBC and the apprenticeship program. These credits will be articulated upon presentation of a certificate of completion to the Construction Management coordinator. Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as prerequisites are met. Some courses may be offered in alternate semesters only.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- read, visualize, and interpret construction documents, including drawings and specifications;
- identify, describe, and select construction materials and methods used in residential and commercial construction;
- examine different methods of communication, problem solving, and decision making;
- identify and interpret safety and health regulations as they pertain to construction; and
- identify the Critical Path Method (CPM) when working with a schedule.