Nov 22, 2017
This program combines theory and hands-on experiences to prepare students for careers in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and energy. Certificate classes serve as building blocks to higher level certificates and/or a degree.
Type of Credential
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Catonsville, Brian Penn
443-840-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a suggested full-time schedule for a student who has completed any developmental coursework and has no transfer credits. Refer to the College catalog for specific requirements in selecting General Education Courses .
- Program Electives 6 Credit(s).
Courses Needed for This Program*
General Education Requirements and Electives - 19 Credits
General Education Requirements:
General Education Electives:
Choose courses in each category from the list of approved General Education Courses .
- Biological and Physical Sciences 4 Credit(s).
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credit(s).
Program Requirements and Electives - 41 Credits
Choose 15 credits from the list below.
Total Number of Credits Required for Degree: 60*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
This program is designed to prepare students for careers in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and related energy technologies industry. The curriculum blends “leading edge” theory with a large amount of practical, “hands on” experiences for the purpose of developing confident, professional technicians/installers. All classes completed for a certificate serve as building blocks for higher level certificates and/or a degree at CCBC.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- apply for and acquire an entry-level position in the HVAC field;
- exhibit the highest level of confidence servicing and installing HVAC systems;
- excel within a company after several years, and rise to a supervisor/management level;
- achieve a broad knowledge of all applications of HVAC, both practical and scientific; and
- develop both a safe and moral approach to the HVAC field.