CCBC offers courses in several world languages. Although there is not a transfer pattern or degree in World Languages learning another language has many benefits that are both practical and life-enhancing. Studying a world language can help you:
- Connect with people and engage with the world
- Deepen your understanding of other peoples, cultures, and perspectives
- Sharpen your cognitive, communication, and analytical skills
- Access new travel, social and career opportunities at home and abroad
- Gain a competitive career advantage
CCBC Essex and CCBC Dundalk, Frank Masel
443-840-1884 or email@example.com
CCBC Catonsville and CCBC Extension Centers, Soumaya Benrahal
443-840-4858 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For world languages, see Departmental Exam, CLEP, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements - While there are no program-specific agreements, see other types of agreements such as guaranteed admission, block transfer, and discounts.
- Most world language courses are offered in an online format.
- All world language courses fulfill the General Education Diversity requirement.
- All world language courses contribute to the completion of a Global Studies Certificate.
- World language courses currently offered are: Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
- World language courses are offered in 7, 10, and 15-week sessions in the fall and spring semesters and in the summer and winter sessions.