VOA 485 - CDL Learner’s Permit Preparation
2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course enables the student to learn the necessary information to earn a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) learner’s permit. The student will examine off-road information that is required for the MVA’s written examination to obtain either a CDL-A or CDL-B license with appropriate endorsements. Topics to be covered include general CDL knowledge, air brakes, tank truck operation, double and triple trailers, hazardous materials, passenger endorsements, and test preparation.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- prepare a plan to study for the written Maryland CDL Learner’s Permit examination,
- identify the correct procedure for handling hazardous materials,
- interpret information in the training manuals and other materials,
- describe and demonstrate an understanding of the operation of an air brake system, and
- explain requirements for a passenger endorsement.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)