ADS 782 - Basic Financial Literacy
2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn basic literacy skills associated with financial literacy and the GED. Topics to be covered include credit scores, improving credit, mathematical calculation for balancing checking accounts, banking 101, investment accounts and calculations, savings accounts, mortgages, and problem-solving.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. demonstrate how to balance a checking account,
2. describe basic banking systems,
3. define what a credit score is,
4. demonstrate an understanding of the importance of a credit history,
5. demonstrate an understanding of interest calculations,
6. discuss basic mortgage scenarios,
7. list techniques of how to get and improve credit,
8. contrast the strengths and weaknesses of a loan,
9. outline different loan types,
10. distinguish basic budget formats, and
11. demonstrate an understanding of the strength of a budget.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)