ADS 114 - Basic Computer Skills for Success
2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the basic skills necessary to operate and use a computer, Blackboard, and Microsoft Word in order to apply for employment. Students will learn how to get help and work with My Computer, Windows Explorer, and basic file management structures. Topics to be covered include an overview of computers, operating a computer, Microsoft Word for home use, input/output devices, managing and storing data, and working with software applications.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of Microsoft Word processing software;
2. create and save documents;
3. create documents using a template;
4. edit documents using the clipboard, find and replace, and spelling and grammar check;
5. demonstrate the ability to format text, paragraphs, and documents;
6. demonstrate the ability to insert tables, sort table data, and apply table styles;
7. demonstrate an understanding of how to save and store files for later use;
8. perform job search activities using the Internet;
9. demonstrate an understanding of Blackboard for academic success; and
10. complete an introduction to Excel and PowerPoint.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)