VOA 747 - Introduction to Preventative Maintenance for Diesel Mechanics- Part 2
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the diesel mechanic student to learn the basics of preventative maintenance for diesel vehicles. Topics to be covered include: how to inspect fasteners, how to inspect cylinder heads and passages for damage and determine corrective actions; how to inspect valve train components and prescribe corrective action if needed; how to inspect and replace overhead camshaft, inspect electronic wiring harness and brackets for wear, bending, cracks, looseness and make recommended corrective actions; and disassemble, clean and inspect engine block passages, core and expansion plugs for damage and recommend corrective actions.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. inspect various types of fasteners used a diesel vehicle;
2. locate and inspect cylinder heads and passages for damage and recommend corrective action;
3. identify the valve train components and inspect for damage;
4. disassemble an overhead camshaft, inspect and replace if needed;
5. locate and inspect the wiring harness and brackets for wear and damage; and
6. disassemble, clean and inspect engine block and passages, core and expansion plugs for damage and recommend corrective action.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)