VOA 785 - Procurement & Purchasing Management - Part 3
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the basics of the supply chain process, management, purchasing, and contracting issues. It is designed for the student who is working in, or interested in working in, purchasing, logistics, or procurement. Topics to be covered include: differentiate the different types of contracts, how to use data effectively, understand the impact of organizational culture, conducting strategic cost analysis, how to use strategic thinking, and decision making.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. differentiate the different types of contracts,
2. demonstrate how to use data effectively,
3. demonstrate an understanding of the culture of an organization,
4. develop strategic thinking and decision making skills,
5. recognize financial accountability,
6. use data effectively, and
7. conduct strategic cost analysis.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)