VOA 783 - Procurement & Purchasing Management- Part 1
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the basics of the supply chain process, management, purchasing, and contracting issues. It is designed for the student who is working in, or interested in working in, purchasing, logistics, or procurement. Topics to be covered include: how to prepare and manage a budget in an organization, how to manage the supplier selection process, how to manage the contracting process, how to
evaluate price and costs, and effective negotiation and communication techniques .
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of how to manage the purchasing function,
2. implement budgeting essentials,
3. use various negotiation strategies,
4. implement a supplier evaluation,
5. demonstrate an understanding of general contract principles,
6. evaluate price and costs, and
7. demonstrative an ability to communicate effectively.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)