ADS 311 - Essential Skills I
.72 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn basic educational skills in reading and mathematics. The preparation in this course is for real-life skills, job-related skills, and further education, including Essential Skills II. Topics to be covered include reading comprehension, language, writing, and number skills.
1. use reading skills, including work attack skills and word recognition;
2. identify the main idea of a reading passage in the content areas;
3. demonstrate the ability to answer questions concerning sequence, inference, and comprehension for level specific
reading material in the content area;
4. write a cohesive paragraph;
5. demonstrate improved writing skills, including correct sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation; and
6. solve mathematical problems using basic arithmetic computation.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)