This program teaches students how to perform warehouse work and the safety requirements of working in a warehouse. Topics include shipping, receiving, stock picking, inventory management, basic safety and OSHA regulations, and forklift operation. Students will learn the following skills: forklift operation; shipping and receiving; understanding OSHA regulations; safety practices; and soft skills for employment.
This career and academic track is designed for students with learning differences or disabilities that impact learning. This track provides instruction that is multisensory, multimodal, personalized, and incorporates elements of universal design for learning. Classes are taught with a 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio to better meet the needs of individual learners.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Students will receive a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate.
National Safety Council
Courses are offered at CCBC Dundalk in October.
6th Grade Reading Level according to TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) that will be administered during an intake interview.
Selective Entry – Please call 443-840-3262 to schedule an interview and assessment.
Program Course Sequence
1. Mathematics for the Warehouse: MTP 131
2. Reading and Writing in the Warehouse: MTP 132
3. Warehouse Technician Practicum: VOA 363
4. Warehouse Technician Practicum (additional hours): VOA 363
5. Methods and Safety in Warehousing: VOA 364
6. Forklift Operator Training: VOA 382
7. Vocational Readiness: CHA 031
- Tuition/Fees: $2485 (Tuition-$525/Fees-$1960)
- Textbook/Materials: N/A
Program Contact Information
Dundalk, MASH 104
Dundalk, MASH 104
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development