This program prepares students for work as an assistant in a daycare or preschool. Students learn the theories of human development and physical growth along with family and diversity issues. Topics include applying theory to practical situations, major development in physical and psychological growth and developmentally appropriate practice. Students will learn how to develop a unit plan, develop a lesson plan, create an effective classroom environment, and understand the cognitive and behavioral differences in stages of early childhood.
This career and academic track is designed for students with learning differences or disabilities that impact learning. This track provides instruction that is multisensory, multimodal, personalized, and incorporates elements of universal design for learning. Classes are taught with a 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio to better meet the needs of individual learners.
Students will earn a CCBC Workforce Training Certificate and have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Maryland State 99 Childcare Certification
Assistant in a daycare or preschool.
Courses start in August 2016 at CCBC Dundalk.
6th Grade Reading Level according to TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) that will be administered during an intake interview.
Selective Entry – Please call 443-840-3262 to schedule an interview and assessment.
Program Course Sequence
1. Growth and Development in Early Childhood: CCT 580
2. Childcare Internship – 1st Semester: CCT 582
3. Childcare Internship – 2nd Semester: CCT 582
4. Early Childhood Methods and Materials: CCT 584
5. Skills and Concepts for Employment: CHA 050
6. Interpersonal Communication: CHA 048
- Tuition/Fees: $3465 (Tuition-$799/Fees-$2666)
Program Contact Information
Dundalk, MASH 104
Dundalk, MASH 104
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development