May 25, 2020
This course prepares students to sit for the Maryland Licensed Real Estate Salesperson exam. Real Estate Salespersons (or agents) act as intermediaries in negotiations between buyers and sellers of real estate property; typically representing one of the parties. They advise clients on market conditions, prices, and all matters related to real estate transactions. They market properties, prepare documents, show properties, and coordinate closing activities.
CCBC Credential: Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript). Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate. Students will be prepared to sit for the Maryland Licensed Real Estate Salesperson exam.
Certifying Organization: Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation Real Estate Appraisers Home Inspectors Commission. Visit www.dllr.state.md.us for more information. Exam cost: $66.
Students will be prepared to sit for the Maryland Licensed Real Estate Salesperson exam and begin work as a Real Estate Salesperson under the supervision of a Real Estate Broker.
The length of this program is 6 months. Courses start in September and February at CCBC Catonsville.
- High School Diploma or GED
Open Entry – No screening or documentation required.
Program Course Sequence
1. Real Estate Principles & Practices for Salespersons: REA 294
- “The Modern Real Estate Practice; $40; and “The Maryland Real Estate Practice & Law: $23; available at campus bookstores
- Tuition/Fees: $399 (Tuition-$261/Fees-$138)
- Textbook/Materials: $23
Program Contact Information
Location: Owings Mills, 305D
Location Essex, BESS 116
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development