AHL 100 - Positive Airway Pressure Techniques
4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the different types of positive airway pressure and supplemental oxygen. Topics to be covered include continuous positive airway pressure, Bi-Level airway pressure, APAP (Auto titrating), and supplemental oxygen.
1. describe positive airway pressure, how it works and why it is effect;
2. differentiate between the different types of PAP and when to use each;
3. recognize the types of PAP interfaces / masks;
4. understand the different rules of PAP titration;
5. recognize events during titration and how to decrease these events;
6. explain the role of snoring and how to reduce it’s effects;
7. understand when to do a split night study;
8. identify when to intiate supplemental oxygen;
9. describe what makes a successful PAP titration; and
10. describe why patient compliance with PAP is important.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)