CHI 032 - Group Care of Infants and Toddlers
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive growth of young children. Topics to be covered include curriculum planning, goal setting, and selection of ageappropriate materials and methods.
1. demonstrate knowledge of growth and development of children birth through 2 years of age and explain the significance of the early years and the effects of early experience to later development;
2. demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the health, safety, and nutritional needs, and appropriate care routines for infants and toddlers;
3. discuss the importance of play for the infant and toddler and plan and implement appropriate activities for this age group;
4. recognize the importance of caregiver-child interactions and the necessity of stability and predictability of the care setting for infants and toddlers; and
5. identify the importance of and skills necessary for working closely with the parents of infants and toddlers.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)