CHI 038 - Family Child Care Pre-Service Module 4
.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed as an introduction to the basic concepts of inclusive care for children with special needs in the family child care environment. Topics to be covered include Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its application in the childcare setting, inclusive care and health, behavioral and developmental issues and available resources.
1. identify typical and atypical development in children,
2. describe the importance of early intervention for children with variations in developing and learning,
3. identify referral agencies and describe referral procedures,
4. explain ADA as it applies to family child care programs, and
5. define the term reasonable accommodation.
[Add to Portfolio]