ARP 796 - Introduction to Diesel Mechanics - Part 3
8.25 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the diesel mechanic student to learn the foundation of diesel technology for commercial diesel vehicles. Topics to be covered include engine diagnosis and repair, use of specialized tools, locating and using appropriate manufacturers, regulatory specifications for truck maintenance and repair, repair strategies using diagnostic codes, and differentiating mechanical and electronic malfunctions.
1. determine correct tools for each repair and use them effectively and safely;
2. use impact gun, torque wrench, and other tools safely and effectively;
3. demonstrate the ability to obtain and interpret diagnostic trouble codes;
4. develop repair strategy based on trouble codes;
5. differentiate between electronic and mechanical problems;
6. develop repair strategy based on manufacturer recommendations and legal criteria; and
7. identify principles and operations of core mechanical systems of a diesel engine including cooling system, electrical
system, fluids, accessories, and induction exhaust.
[Add to Portfolio]