CHI 049 - Theory and Practice in Infant and Toddler Care
6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the development of infants and toddlers and how to foster that development in an early childhood classroom. Topics to be covered include safety, nutrition, developmental theory, fostering development, and learning through play.
1. identify the stages of development and developmental markers for infants,
2. identify the stages of development and developmental markers for toddlers,
3. develop lesson plans that assist with infant’s and toddler’s development,
4. identify and demonstrate safety practices in an infant and toddler classroom,
5. demonstrate how to set up an appropriate learning environment for infants and toddlers,
6. identify the markers of social development for infants and toddlers,
7. demonstrate strategies for fostering social development for infants and toddlers in a classroom setting, and
8. identify and describe the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers.
[Add to Portfolio]