CHA 115 - Basic Animal Studies II
4.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable students with disabilities who seek an entry way into employment in an animal-based business to learn how to supervise and maintain the safety of animals in professional care settings. Topics to be covered include dog calls, small animal holds and holding techniques, key words and phrases, use of body and stance in supervision of animals, and animal first aid.
1. perform first aid for an injured animal,
2. identify signs of stress in animals,
3. demonstrate basic techniques for calling and calming an animal,
4. demonstrate how to safely hold a small animal for transport or medication,
5. establish systems for the purpose of animal behavior, and
6. demonstrate clear communication with an animal.
[Add to Portfolio]