VOA 969 - HVAC Safety, Tools & Methods
4.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about identifying and using the special tools of the HVACR trade
involved with basic shop practices. Topics to be covered include hand tools and machines; fittings and components; duct
installation; tubing, piping, and fittings; threading pipe; and drill press and post grinder.
1. use hand tools and machines;
2. construct fittings and components from sheet metal and fiberglass duct board;
3. demonstrate an understanding of duct installation;
4. use hand tools and machines to thread pipe; and
5. use a drill press and post grinder.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)