VOA 556 - Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician with HVAC
10 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the great religions of the world. Topics to be covered include: the Axial Age, in which the roots of all religion began; Hinduism, the world’s oldest religion; Buddhism and Jainism, the offshoots of Hinduism; Confucianism and Taoism; Zoroastrianism; Judaism; Christianity, and Islam. We will trace the ideas, doctrine and theology of these religions and the need for dialog among all.
1. describe the beginning of religions during the Axial Age;
2. discuss Hinduism and its offshoot religions;
3. discuss Confucianism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism;
4. describe Christianity and Islam; and
5. discuss possible futures for each religion.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)