AHL 938 - Dental Assisting and Oral Radiography
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn basic four-handed dentistry procedures and prepare for the Dental Assistant National Board Radiation Health and Safety certification exam. Topics to be covered include components of an oral exam, patient charting, anatomy of the head and neck, proper placement of film, basic radiographic landmarks, developing radiography, and safety procedures.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. identify the members of a dental team and explain their role in dental care;
2. identify basic anatomical structures of the head and neck;
3. demonstrate the proper way to take a patient history;
4. list the main components of a dental x-ray unit;
5. define terms associated with intraoral radiographic technique;
6. identify selected anatomical structures, to assist in radiographic film and mounting; and
7. recognize and correct exposure technique errors.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)