AHE 534 - Medical Terminology for Health Occupations
3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide the student with a working knowledge of basic medical terminology. Correct pronunciation, correct spelling and practice meaning are all essential to use and understanding of medical terminology. Topics to be covered include: word parts, word roots, prefixes and suffixes, use of a medical dictionary, pronunciation, and body systems.
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
1. Identify body systems.
2. Review types of medical practices and procedures.
3. Discuss medical terms as word elements.
4. Demonstrate use of medical dictionary for term meanings and pronunciation.
5. Review numbers, amounts, colors and positions as applied in medical field.
6. List common medical abbreviations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)