Nov 29, 2023
The Graphic Design certificate prepares students for positions as graphic designers and electronic publication design specialists in business, government and industry. See the coordinator for advisement and schedule planning.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
443-840-1568 or email@example.com
Art, Design, and Interactive Media AFA/AA Area of Concentration:
443-840-4699 or firstname.lastname@example.org
443-840-1567 or email@example.com
Interior Design A.A.S.:
Inthia Bowman-Ruffin, Interim Coordinator
443-840-4954 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 21 Credits
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 21*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
The Graphic Design certificate prepares students for positions as graphic designers and electronic publication design specialists in business, government and industry. Focusing primarily on print-based media, students will work on original projects to produce all types of print collateral, from flyers and posters to dimensional packaging and signage.
See the coordinator for advisement and schedule planning.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- create and edit computer-generated images for graphic design applications;
- demonstrate an understanding of type as a design element, including the concepts of form and counterform, color, texture, contrast and movement;
- plan a design cycle from start to finish, incorporating all elements necessary to produce complete communication pieces;
- use industry-standard software programs related to file management, layout and design, and image editing/creation;
- develop solutions to communication problems through concept development and design application; and
- create charts, documents, marketing materials, training guides, catalogs, and instructions for print and screen-based design.