Dec 06, 2023
This certificate program prepares students to work as computer-aided drafters/designers in industry and to upgrade the skills of persons presently employed as drafters in a relatively short academic period by including only CADD and supporting courses. The CAD Architecture and Civil Certificate provides the student with the skills necessary to become a successful CAD drafter or architectural design assistant.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
443-840-4611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes offered only at the Catonsville campus
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Computer-Aided Design for Architecture and Engineering, see Portfolio. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements - While there are no program-specific agreements, see other types of agreements such as guaranteed admission, block transfer, and discounts.
This is a suggested schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits.
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 15 Credits
Choose two courses from this list:
Total Number of Credits Required: 15*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
Certificates are awarded to students completing the course pattern with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as the prerequisites are met. The CAD Architecture and Civil certificate program prepares students to work as computer-aided drafters/designers in industry and to upgrade the skills of persons presently employed as drafters in a relatively short academic period by including only CADD and supporting courses. Course work completed in the CADD certificate program is fully applicable to the CADD Associate of Applied Science degree.
The CAD Architecture and Civil Certificate provides the student with the skills necessary to become a successful CAD drafter or architectural design assistant.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- prepare construction documents and details in an industry standard software for building information modeling, BIM;
- use industry terminology and standards to create architectural layouts and section views;
- use the parametric features of Autodesk Revit© software and industry standards to create a commercial building design; and
- create a sheet set of architectural drawings using Revit© software with accurate dimensioning and details.