VOA 717 - CDL Class B
7.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the skills required to pass the Maryland Vehicle Administrations (MVA) Class B Commercial Driver’s License road examination to become eligible to work as a Class B commercial driver. The student will learn the safe and efficient operation of commercial straight trucks and passenger bus (Class B) vehicles. Topics to be covered include reviewing pre-trip (exterior), pre-trip (interior), National Safety Council defensive driving techniques, parking, turning, and controlling vehicle motion. Pre-requisite: MVA CDL Learner’s Permit.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. conduct a proper and complete pre-trip vehicle inspection;
2. operate a CDL-B vehicle in accordance with the National Safety Council’s defensive driving standards;
3. demonstrate the ability to correctly operate all vehicle controls;
4. demonstrate the ability to accelerate smoothly in both directions;
5. complete all necessary and regulatory paperwork;
6. describe federal and state regulations governing the operation of commercial vehicles;
7. develop the ability to park the vehicle safely in the blind side, right side, and alley dock situations; and
8. demonstrate readiness to test for the CDL-B licensure.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)