VOA 122 - Freight Broker/Forwarder- Part 1
9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn about the business of freight brokerage/forwarding. Topics to be covered include; basics of freight brokering, setting up a freight business, setting up a shipper and carrier packet, freight operations and software, transportation law, dispatch.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the role of the freight broker/forwarder in the logistics field,
2. demonstrate the proper documentation for both a shipper and carrier,
3. determine how to set up a freight business,
4. use freight forwarding software,
5. apply transportation law to the freight forwarding/brokerage business, and
6. demonstrate proper dispatch procedures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)