AHE 106 - Clinical Observation
4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enablethe student to practice clinical skills learned in the Polysomnography program. Topics to be covered including performing a full body hookup utilizing the 10-20 system for EEG placement.
1. complete internation 10/20 system measurements and application;
2. distinguish between different stages of sleep on the polysomnograph;
3. recognize and distinguish between different respiratory events and titrate PAP therapy accordingly;
4. discuss principles of laboratory safety, infection control, and confidentiality;
5. demonstrate the ability to produce legible, technically accurate documentation; and
6. discuss different scoring rules and recording parameters for pediatrics and adults.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)