AHE 528 - Medicine Administration
1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
lbis course is designed as a continuation of Pharmacology for the MCA student Proper handling and storage of medications will be presented. Actual practice of these skills will take place during class. Correct usage of Universal and Standard Precautions will be presented and stressed.
1. Recognize commonly prescribed medications and their adverse reactions.
2. Calculate correct medication requirement.
3. Describe the varying methods, routes, and techniques of medication administration.
4. Perform and document medication administration by oral and parenteral routes.
5. Illustrate the correct Universal and Standard Precautions utilized with all of these skills.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)