CHI 031 - Communication Skills for Child Care Professionals
.9 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable childcare professionals to learn the basic concepts of developing strong communication skills when working in a child care center. Topics to be covered include speaking, writing, interpersonal communication strategies, and critical techniques, with a focus on communication with parents and co-workers, and communication issues with a typical child care day.
1. practice reading strategies to increase comprehension and retention;
2. apply writing strategies to compose documents related to child care, including lesson plans,
3. parent letters, and child observation journals;
4. demonstrate effective communication skills in the child care environment; and
5. utilize a variety of tools to record and communicate critical child information, including behavior, accidents, daily routines and schedules.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)