AHL 809 - Physical Therapy Technician Externship
4 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the duties and skills performed in a physical therapy setting. Topics to be covered include safety and cleanliness in the work environment, communication skills, clerical and office functions, routine client care activities, reporting, recording and documenting, confidentiality, and safety and emergency procedures.
1. utilize effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills with staff and clients;
2. perform routine clerical duties and office functions;
3. complete routine client care activities as directed by the treating physical therapist (PT)/physical therapist assistant(PTA);
4. report, record, and document all pertinent information; and
5. demonstrate the ability to function effectively as a team member.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)