AHL 830 - Medical Coding II Online
6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn higher level ICD and CPT coding, expanding on and further applying concepts learned in Medical Coding I. This course will assist coders in developing an in-depth understanding of complex coding conventions, terminology and rules for ICD & CPT. Prerequisite: Medical Coding I
1. apply coding guidelines accurately,
2. demonstrate detailed knowledge of disease processes which will improve coding accuracy,
3. list steps involved in coding medical records,
4. discuss the format of each system, and
5. demonstrate the ability to code each system.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)