AHL 149 - Medical Terminology for Administrative Healthcare Professionals
1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to assist students seeking employment as administrative healthcare professionals in learning root words, prefixes, and suffixes of medical terms so they have a basic understanding of the terminology used in health care settings.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. demonstrate correct spelling and correct pronunciation of medical terms;
2. define medical terminology word roots, suffixes, and prefixes;
3. identify basic anatomy structures in each body system;
4. identify the correct medical term when given a definition;
5. analyze medical terms by using knowledge of word roots, suffixes, and prefixes;
6. demonstrate the ability to understand reports that use medical terms and abbreviations;
7. explain the importance of using correct terminology when working with other healthcare professionals; and
8. explain the importance of being able to translate medical terminology for patients’ understanding.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)