AHL 049 - Central Service Technician - Clinical IV
10 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to provide the student with “hands-on” learning in an actual work site of a hospital central service department. A preceptor assigned by the hospital will provide daily supervision while a college faculty member will provide weekly evaluation/counseling. The student must register for a block of four clinical courses to equal 400 hours.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. discuss the rewards and hazards of working as a central service technician;
2. demonstrate the process involved in: rotation of supplies, inventory and restocking of carts/shelves, checking for outdated items, cleaning of storage shelves
3. calculate supply and demand needs in order to assess specific department Par levels;
4. use preference cards to prepare supplies for specific surgical cases; and
5. demonstrate verbal and nonverbal behaviors appropriate to the role of a central service technician.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)