Apr 19, 2019
Flight Attendants are FAA licensed crew members who play a vital role in the efficient operation of the flight. They are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers and are trained in emergency procedures, first aid, conflict management, aircraft systems, and safety equipment.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Catonsville, Doug Williams
443-840-5498 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Program Director
CCBC Catonsville, Chris Komsa
443-840-4209 or email@example.com
Air Traffic Control Director
CCBC Catonsville, Joe Eichelberger
443-840-4463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC Catonsville, Pete Waters
443-840-5188 or email@example.com
Contact the Aviation Technology Department
443-840-4157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a suggested schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits. The schedule would be the same for a student starting in the Spring semester.
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 12 Credits
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate 12*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
Flight Attendants are FAA licensed crew members who play a vital role in the efficient operation of the flight. They are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers and are trained in emergency procedures, first aid, conflict management, aircraft systems, and safety equipment. A Certificate in Flight Attendant Training will be awarded to students completing the above pattern with a 3.0 GPA or higher. This program will provide the student with the academic training to become a flight attendant.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- obtain first aid and CPR certification;
- obtain FAA certification required to secure a position as a flight attendant;
- communicate and implement emergency procedures and security protocols;
- speak and write clearly and effectively to communicate instructions to passengers and to write post-flight reports;
- ensure that passenger cabin is equipped with appropriate emergency equipment and passenger amenities;
- assist and administer to passengers during an emergency situation; and
- respond quickly and decisively during an in-flight conflict situation.