Dec 16, 2018
This course of study is designed for students who would like to expand their technical knowledge of accounting and business, and is particularly beneficial for entrepreneurs, individuals who are looking to enhance their employability, and students who are considering pursuing a two- or four-year degree.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
Rosemarie Cramer (all campuses, year round)
Office: E.BESS 134
443-840-1658 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC Catonsville, Mark Williams (year round)
Office: C.BESS 226
443-840-4334 or email@example.com
CCBC Dundalk/Essex, Kelly Lemons (August 15 – June 15)
Office: E.BESS 133
443-840-1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- These programs are offered both face to face and fully (100%) online: Accounting A.A.S., Accounting Certificate, Business Accounting Certificate, Certified Bookkeeping Certificate, and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam Qualification Certificate.
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Accounting, see Portfolio, Departmental Exam, and CLEP. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
This is a suggested schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits.
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 18 Credits
Select 2 courses for 6 credits.
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 18*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
The Accounting Certificate is a course of study designed for those students who would like to expand their technical knowledge of accounting and business. This certificate program is particularly beneficial for entrepreneurs, individuals who are looking to enhance their employability and students who are considering pursuing a two- or four-year degree. Some of the courses can be applied towards the Business Accounting Certificate , and a two-year degree in Accounting AAS , Business Administration , or Business Management . Most of the courses can be directly transferred to a four-year institution.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- competently demonstrate substantive knowledge in accounting sufficient for further study and demonstrate competencies required by employers to be hired and succeed in the workplace;
- competently perform basic computational/arithmetic operations and basic problem-solving skills required in financial and managerial accounting and demonstrate competence in applied analytical skills; and
- competently apply knowledge and skills of civic engagement.