Sep 19, 2018
This certificate program prepares students to work as computer-aided drafters/designers in industry and to upgrade the skills of persons presently employed as drafters in a relatively short academic period by including only CADD and supporting courses. The CAD Operator Designer Certificate option prepares students for entry-level positions as AutoCAD operators, technicians, and detailers.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Catonsville, Thomas K. Barrett
443-840-4298 or email@example.com
- Classes offered only at the Catonsville campus
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Computer-Aided Design for Architecture and Engineering, see Portfolio. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements - While there are no program-specific agreements, see other types of agreements such as guaranteed admission, block transfer, and discounts.
This is a suggested schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits.
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 15 Credits
Choose two courses from the list:
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 15*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College . This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.
Certificates are awarded to students completing the course pattern with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as the prerequisites are met. The CAD certificate program prepares students to work as computer-aided drafters/designers in industry and to upgrade the skills of persons presently employed as drafters in a relatively short academic period by including only CADD and supporting courses. Course work completed in the CADD certificate program is fully applicable to the CADD Associate of Applied Science degree.
This certificate option prepares students for entry-level positions as AutoCAD operators, technicians, and detailers.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- construct and plot multiview drawings at designated scales;
- utilize AutoCAD as a precision drafting tool; and
- create, use and extract attributed blocks for use in spreadsheet and database programs.