Jan 17, 2021
This course teaches students how to perform the duties of a security guard. Topics include surveillance, patrol, observation and reporting. Instruction includes the following skills: completing a report; surveillance techniques; self-defense; and de-escalation.
This career and academic track is designed for students with learning differences or disabilities that impact learning. This track provides instruction that is multisensory, multimodal, personalized, and incorporates elements of universal design for learning. Classes are taught with a 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio to better meet the needs of individual learners.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Students will receive a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate.
Customer Service Security Officer
Hotel Security Officer
Loss Prevention office
Courses are offered at CCBC Dundalk in November and March.
6th Grade Reading Level according to TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) that will be administered during an intake interview.
Selective Entry – Please call 443-840-3262 to schedule an interview and assessment.
Program Course Sequence
1. Basic Security Guard Training A: CHA 085
2. Basic Security Guard Practicum A: CHA 083
3. Basic Security Guard Training B: CHA 086
4. Basic Security Guard Practicum B: CHA 084
- Tuition/Fees: $2800 (Tuition-$200/Fees-$2600)
- Textbook/Materials: N/A
Program Contact Information
Dundalk, MASH 104
Dundalk, MASH 104
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development