This one semester program prepares students to work with animals in kennels, doggie daycare centers, groomers, and other animal-centered businesses. It prepares students to effectively care for, work with, and identify the needs of animals in a safe, calm and sensitive manner in a professional setting. Students will also learn soft skills for employment. Internships are arranged and provide by program staff.
This career and academic track is designed for students with learning differences or disabilities that impact learning. This track provides instruction that is multisensory, multimodal, personalized, and incorporates elements of universal design for learning. Classes are taught with a 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio to better meet the needs of individual learners.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Students will receive a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate.
Veterinary assistant at an animal rescue, doggie day care center, veterinary clinic, kennel or groomer.
15 weeks (daytime)
Courses start in August and February at CCBC Dundalk.
6th Grade Reading Level according to TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) that will be administered during an intake interview
Selective Entry – Please call 443-840-3262 to schedule an interview and assessment.
Program Course Sequence
1. Basic Animal Studies: CHA 081
2. Basic Animal Studies II: CHA 115
3. Skills and Concepts for Clerical Work: CHA 080
4. Vocational Readiness:CHA 031
5. Basic Computer Skills:PWE 401
6. Afternoon Internship: CHA 070
- Tuition/Fees: $2898 (Tuition-$697/Fees-$2201)
- Textbook/Materials: N/A
Program Contact Information
Dundalk, MASH 104
Dundalk, MASH 104
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development