Individualized instruction for adults with learning challenges is used to present basic skills and concepts for work in the hospitality industry, using materials encountered in hotel housekeeping, guest services, and banquet service, and employment skills specific to the hotel industry.
This career and academic track is designed for students with learning differences or disabilities that impact learning. This track provides instruction that is multisensory, multimodal, personalized, and incorporates elements of universal design for learning. Classes are taught with a 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio to better meet the needs of individual learners.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Students will receive a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate.
Certifying Organization: ManageFirst® Professional
15 weeks (daytime)
Courses are offered at CCBC Dundalk.
5th Grade Reading Level according to TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) that will be administered during an intake interview
Selective Entry – Please call 443-840-3262 to schedule an interview and assessment.
Program Course Sequence
1. Hospitality For Special Learners: CHA 138
2. Commercial Housekeeping for Special Learners: CHA 137
3. Dining Room Service for Special Learners: CHA 136
4. Skills and Concepts for Employment: CHA 050
5. Technology in the Hospitality Industry: CHA 135
- Tuition/Fees: $1745 (Tuition-$401/Fees-$1344)
- Textbook/Materials: N/A
Program Contact Information
Dundalk, MASH 104
Dundalk, MASH 104
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development