Feb 20, 2020
This course instructs the students in the theory and techniques used to perform general expanded functions approved by the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners, and it prepares them to take the Maryland General Dental Assisting Expanded Functions Examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. All theory is taught in the classroom. All clinical training must be signed off by the student’s employing dentist.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript). Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate. Students will be prepared to take the Maryland General Dental Assisting Expanded Functions Examination.
Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of nine months experience working in a dental office. Letter from your current dental employer verifying their willingness to supervise your clinical training and attest to your skills.
All students must be computer literate and have Internet access.
HIPAA Training, CPR and First Aid classes REQUIRE 100% attendance. Students arriving late to class will not be admitted. Late arrival to, or early exit from, class will also result in a failing grade and no refund. Students will then be required to retake the class at their expense.
Provisional Entry – Verification of dental office experience and current dentist’s agreement to supervise clinical training.
Program Course Sequence
1. Maryland General Expanded Functions: AHL 754
- Modern Dental Assisting; 11th Edition; written by Bird & Robinson; published by Elsevier; ISBN 9780323239927; $193.80
- Tuition/Fees: $799 (Tuition-$300/Fees-$499)
- Textbook/Materials: $193.80
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development