Aug 25, 2019
This course series prepares students to sit for the VMware VCP certification exam, and for a professional career in virtualization and cloud computing as a VMware Systems Administrator. This course series teaches students to install, configure, manage, maintain and troubleshoot a virtual network infrastructure/cloud platform using VMware VSphere. Students will install and configure virtual machines, virtual networks and virtual hard disks on datacenter and cloud servers.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript). Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate. Students will be prepared to sit for the VMware VCA and VCP certification exams.
With VMware and VCP certification, students qualify for entry-level positions that include VMware Systems Administrator, VMware Engineer, VMware Specialist, Virtualization Engineer, Server Virtualization Engineer, VMware Virtualization Architect; VMware Virtualization Consultant, and Network Specialist – VMware. This career requires continued training and education.
1 semester (14 weeks)
This course series begins in August, January, and June at CCBC Catonsville.
High School Diploma or GED.
Students must be computer literate, have strong computer skills, and have access to a computer with high-speed Internet to complete course work.
Network+ certification or strong networking background - students without this requirement must take the prerequisite course listed below.
A+ courses, background or certification
Provisional Entry - Students must have permission from the Coordinator before registering for this class. Please contact Steve Ricketts, 443-840-4442 or
Program Course Sequence
1. Network+ Part I: Network Data Communications: PCA 619 Or Network and Data Communications (HYB): PCA 615 (Shared with credit class DCOM 101)
- Guide to Networking Essentials; Tomsho; ISBN; 1-305-10543-5; $197.35
- Check with IT administrator for potential text update before purchasing
2. VMware Virtualization and Cloud Computing Certification (HYB): PCA 614 (Shared with credit class DCOM 263)
- Tuition/Fees: $1124 (Tuition-$394/Fees-$730)
- Textbook/Materials: $197.35
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development