This program prepares students to take the CompTIA® Net+ Certification Exam, and for a career as a network technician. Learn how to plan, install, configure and troubleshoot a computer network. Develop the skills to install and configure network operating systems and network hardware. Implement wireless networks, install and configure TCP/IP, perform diagnostic procedures to troubleshoot network malfunctions, and implement/manage network security.
Students will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript). Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate and the opportunity to sit for the CompTIA® Network+ certification exam.
Computing Technology Industry Association (Comp TIA®)
With certification, students will qualify for entry-level positions as a Network Service Technician; Network Installer; IT Cable Installer; Computer Technician; Field Service Technician; Computer Support Specialist; and Technical Support Specialist. This career requires continued training and education.
1 - 2 semesters (14 – 28 weeks)
Courses start in August, January, and June at CCBC Catonsville, CCBC Essex, and CCBC Owings Mills. Courses are offered in a variety of different schedules that include face-to-face, online or hybrid (a combination of the two).
High School Diploma or GED. Students must be computer literate, have strong computer skills, and have access to a computer and the Internet to complete assignments.
A+ courses, background or certification
Open Entry – No screening or documentation required.
Program Course Sequence
1. Network+ Part 1: Network and Data Communications: PCA 619 Or Network and Data Communications – HYB: PCA 615 (shared with credit class DCOM 101)
- Guide to Networking Essentials; Tomsho; ISBN 1-305-10543-5; $197.35
2. Network+ Part 2: Network+ Technician Certification: PCA 620 Or Network+ Technician Certification - Hybrid: PCA 616 (shared with credit class DCOM 251)
(Course includes one Network+ exam voucher)
- CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Certification Guide; Barker; ISBN 978-0-7897-5408-0; $49.99
- Tuition/Fees: $1224 (Tuition-$394/Fees-$830)
- Textbook/Materials: $247.34
Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Continuing Education Opportunity Grant
- Partial Payment Option (through Nelnet Business Solutions)
- Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens and Individuals with Disabilities
- Employer/Sponsor Paid Tuition
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- Local Office of Workforce Development