Jan 17, 2018
Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Humanities and Social Sciences
Transfer Pattern - Creative Writing
443-840-4368 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC Catonsville and Owings Mills, Evan Balkan
443-840-4976 or email@example.com
CCBC Essex, Brooke Bognanni
443-840-1531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Education - 36-39 Credits
General Education Requirements:
*Specially designated sections of ENGL 101 and ENGL 102 combine creative non-fiction and STEM-themes with traditional college composition instruction.
General Education Electives:
(Choose courses in each category from the list of approved General Education courses . One 3-credit General Education course must be a Diversity course.)
- Arts and Humanities 3 Credits.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (must be from two different disciplines) 6 Credits.
- Biological and Physical Sciences (from 2 different disciplines or 2-course sequence, 1 with a lab) 7-8 Credits.
- Mathematics 3-5 Credits.
- Wellness and Health 3 Credits.
- Information Technology 3 Credits.
- Global, Historical and Cultural Perspectives 2 Credits.
Degree Requirements - 9 Credits
Two-Semester Sequence - 6 Credits
Critical Thinking - 3 Credits
Choose one of the following:
**These courses may also be used as a General Education Elective.
Choose 9 credits from the following:
(Depending upon the General Education Electives chosen, a student may need to complete more than 9 credits from the following list to reach a minimum of 60 credits.)
One literature courses, selected from existing CCBC Literature offerings including:
Capstone Portfolio Project
Students will complete an Independent Study project with their mentor during their final semester, preparing a representative portfolio of work completed during their Transfer Pattern program
Total Number of Credits Required for Degree: 60 min****
****A new college orientation requirement, completion of the one-credit ACDV 101 course, Transitioning to College, went into effect spring 2010. If you are a credit student who is new to college (meaning you have not successfully completed college coursework at another institution(s)), you are required to take ACDV 101 during your first semester at CCBC, thereby increasing the number of credits required for the degree to a minimum of 61 credits. Students are required to provide an official transcript(s) to document successful completion of college coursework at another institution(s) in order for this requirement to be waived.
Transfer Pattern Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this transfer pattern, students will be able to:
- use writing, reading and oral communication skills to organize, express, and synthesize ideas in workshop groups and presentational settings;
- identify various notable writers within genres of creative writing;
- participate in peer editing and revision workshops;
- critique writings within a workshop group, as well as their own writing;
- participate in in-class writing exercises;
- create a portfolio of student writing samples including multiple drafts;
- present work orally to identify “writer’s voice”; and
- demonstrate a mastery of the fundamental skills, concepts, and principles of their selected genre for the baccalaureate degree.
Transfer Pattern Description:
This degree pattern is designed to serve students who plan to transfer to a baccalaureate degree program in Creative Writing or English, with a concentration in Writing.