Aug 14, 2020
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
General Education - 21-22 Credits
General Education Requirements:
General Education Electives:
(Choose courses in each category from the list of approved General Education Courses )
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credits.
- Biological and Physical Sciences 3-4 Credits.
- Mathematics (MATH 111 to MATH 259 ) 3 Credits.
- Arts and Humanities or Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credits.
*All Students must complete a 3-credit General Education Course which meets the Diversity requirement.
Program Requirements - 29 Credits
Program Electives - 12 Credits
(Choose 12 credits from the list below)
Total Number of Credits Required for Degree: 62-63*
*If you are a credit student who is new to college (meaning you have not successfully completed transferable college credits at another institution(s)), you are required to take ACDV 101 during your first semester at CCBC, thereby increasing the number of credits required for the degree to 63-64 credits. Students are required to provide an official transcript(s) to document successful completion of college coursework at another institution(s) in order for this requirement to be waived.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- apply for and acquire an entry-level position in the HVAC field;
- exhibit the highest level of confidence servicing and installing HVAC systems;
- excel within a company after several years, and rise to a supervisor/management level;
- achieve a broad knowledge of all applications of HVAC, both practical and scientific; and
- develop both a safe and moral approach to the HVAC field.
This program is designed to prepare students for a career in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and related energy technologies industry. The curriculum blends “leading edge” theory with a large amount of practical, “hands on” experiences for the purpose of developing confident, professional technicians/installers. All classes completed for a certificate serve as building blocks for higher level certificates and/or a degree at CCBC.