Dec 06, 2019
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
General Education - 21-23 Credits
General Education Requirements:
General Education Electives:
(Choose courses in each category from the list of approved General Education courses . One of the 3-credit General Education courses must be a Diversity course.)
- Biological and Physical Sciences 3-4 Credits.
- Mathematics 3-4 Credits.
- Arts and Humanities or Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credits.
- Wellness and Health or Information Technology 3 Credits.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 Credits.
Program Requirements - 43 Credits
Total Number of Credits Required for Degree: 67-69*
*If you are a student who is new to college (meaning you have not successfully completed transferable college coursework at another institution(s)), you are required to take ACDV 101 during your first semester at CCBC, thereby increasing the number of credits required for the degree by 1 credit. Students are required to provide an official transcript(s) to document successful completion of college coursework at another institution(s) in order for this requirement to be waived.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Apply design fundamentals, theories, and concepts to solve interior design problems.
- Apply the design process to interior design problems including: design programming, schematics and design development.
- Use manual and computer-aided drafting skills to create accurate, measured drawings.
- Demonstrate professional oral presentation skills and graphic communication skills including: drawing, sketching, lettering, perspective, rendering, and model building, using appropriate media, colors and techniques.
- Apply knowledge of interior finishes and materials for appropriate selection and presentation, specification, installation and maintenance to interior designs.
- Develop an awareness of teamwork structures and dynamics within the Interior Design Profession.
This degree program prepares students for positions with architectural firms, corporate planning organizations, contracting/office supply firms, equipment/furniture manufacturing companies, interior design firms (home or business), and for many other positions in the applied arts-related industries.
Students who choose this curriculum and desire to transfer courses to a four-year institution should check with the program coordinator and/or academic advisors.
Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as course prerequisites are met. Some courses may be offered in alternate semesters only.