HSL 015 - ManageFirst® Principles of Food & Beverage
3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn how to effectively manage food and beverage operations. Topics to be covered include product purchasing, food and beverage quality standards, and communicating with staff as well as customers.
1. explain procedures to analyze the menu sales mix and implement menu improvements;
2. list the procedures for developing standardized recipes and calculate recipe ingredient costs, standardized recipe costs, and menu (plate) costs;
3. define quality and review purchasing procedures that help ensure that operations obtain products of the proper quality;
4. demonstrate the ability to implement a three-step process for analyzing a restaurant or food service operation and establishing financial priorities; and
5. outline sustainability and ‘farm-to-fork’ concerns.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)