HSL 016 - ServSafe® Food Safety Training and Certification
1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the regulations, standards, principles, and practices of sanitation necessary in the food service industry. As part of this course, students may become ServSafe® certified upon successful completion of the exam. Topics to be covered include food safety systems, sanitation regulations, accident prevention procedures, storage principles, and proper purchasing and safe receiving of food.
1. discuss the role of food safety in a food service operation,
2. demonstrate an understanding of sanitation regulations and standards,
3. cite procedures for establishing food service safety systems,
4. discuss issues of food contamination and food-borne illnesses,
5. discuss and identify the principles of safe food storage, and
6. demonstrate the ability to clean and sanitize a food production kitchen.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)