HSL 012 - ManageFirst® Hospitality Human Resource Management
3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to manage human resources within a hospitality organization. Topics to be covered include recruiting employees, employee development, operating a safe and lawful workplace, and compensation and benefit administration for hospitality organizations.
1. explain the importance of ethical decision-making in restaurant and food service operations;
2. explain the tasks involved in developing, implementing, and enforcing codes of ethics;
3. identify the benefits of and procedures for promoting employee diversity within restaurant and food service operations;
4. review basic employee recruitment procedures and explain the tools that can help screen job applicants;
5. provide an overview of what managers can do to maintain a zero-tolerance sexual harassment policy; and
6. identify how the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) impacts restaurant and food service operations.
[Add to Portfolio]