HSL 011 - ManageFirst® Hospitality and Restaurant Management
3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). This course is not for Credit(s).
This course is designed to enable the student to manage daily operations within the hospitality and restaurant industries. Topics to be covered include the dynamics of leadership, facilitating teamwork, and managing day to day operations.
1. describe methods used by restaurant and food service managers to develop and use policies and procedures,
2. identify procedures for effectively managing team projects,
3. list procedures for creating, distributing, and adjusting the crew schedule in a hospitality operation;
4. review procedures for planning and implementing employee development programs, and
5. discuss how restaurant and food service managers use long-range, business, marketing plans, and operating budgets, and explain the relationship among these planning tools.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)